Monday, July 4, 2011

Wasaga Has A New Dog Friendly Beach!

Posted on July 4, 2011 by Karen Friesecke

Jersey Swimming At Wasaga Beach from Karen Friesecke on Vimeo.





For the past few years, Wasaga Beach has closed their dog beach for most of the Summer to protect endangered birds that nested nearby. *Finally* a new beach has been designated for all the water loving pooches!
Last summer, I visited various Ontario beaches, but Wasaga is still my favorite. The new dog beach is located at Beach Three. It is a fairly spacious area, with plenty area for the doggies AND people to run and play.





Jersey was so excited to get to the beach, that she kept dropping sticks in my lap while I was trying to eat lunch! Despite being apprehensive of water when she was a young pup, she is quite the swimmer puppy now. I think that we played in the water for almost an hour!
It was a riduculously perfect day at the beach. No wind, warm water, a good friend and plenty of sun. I didn’t want to leave, but an ice cream break on the way home made leaving a little better.

To all my US friends, enjoy your Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment