Wasaga Beach is blessed with one of the wonders of the World. We have Georgian Bay and the Longest Freshwater Beach anywhere. Tourists flock from all over during the summer months but what happens after Labour Day?
Meaford has a great Scarecrow Festival...Thornbury has their Apple Festival..Elmvale has Maple Syrup in the Spring...Collingwood has Elvis during the summer and Creemore has just celebrated their Copper Kettle Festival.
And so it has begun! The Blue Pumpkin Festival planning is in full swing with The Blue Pumpkin Golf Tournament. It will be a great way to get visitors to come to our town long after Labor Day and well into Thanksgiving/Halloween season.
Wasaga Beach could be known as the Blue Pumpkin Capital of World.
Blue Pumpkins could also be recognition of World Diabetes Day, November 14 (every year)
Ideas for October
1. Paint your own pumpkins blue (Krylon True Blue Gloss)(add silvery glitter to make it sparkle)
2. Invite your neighbours to participate
3. Get the schools involved
4. Sign up for 2012 The Blue Pumpkin Golf Tournament
5. Ask 97.7 The Beach radio to talk it up!
6. Business: Dress your windows with blue pumpkins!